Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Thus quoth the Raven

This Common Raven just wants to make sure you to know that collecting petrified wood is prohibited. Amazingly, he sat on this sign making quite a racket despite numerous people, some with their pet dogs on leashes, walking past him on a nearby trail (some dogs even barking!). He was there long enough for me to get my camera back out of the car after I had stowed it away and change lenses so I could get the telephoto on to get a decent shot of him. It probably took me a minute or more to get organized, then I was able to slowly walk around him and snap 10 shots before my battery chose that moment to decide it was empty (my camera bag with a spare was back in the car....). This image was taken at 300mm focal length with an exposure of 1/180 seconds at f/8, ISO 400.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: