Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

2006 Tucson Rodeo Parade

 
The Tucson Rodeo Parade boasts of being the largest non-mechanized parade in the world. The 81st annual La Fiesta de los Vaqueros Parade ran today (Feb. 23rd) and since both of my kids are in it (one in the UofA's Pride of Arizona Marching band, the other in the Tucson High School marching band), I've been going since the first year my daughter marched in the parade (so this one is my 8th, I think - though I might have missed one when observing...). This year, I was armed with my 20D, an empty CF card, and lots of battery power to go with my usual cadre of lenses. I used the 70-300mm zoom for this shot at 190mm focal length as the leading parade banner approached. The exposure was 1/500 seconds at f/8, ISO 200. Posted by Picasa

No comments: