Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Over the Rainbow

 
The lighting was very challenging in this image - the shadowed underbelly of the tree and the brightly lit canopy. I moved to place the rainbow against the dark part of the underbelly of the tree, but I would have liked to have darkened the canopy some. I bracketed +/- 1 stop, but the rainbow disappears almost in the -1 stop image and the canopy is too washed out in the +1 stop image. I didn't see it at the time, but left of the rainbow is the secondary rainbow just visible. BTW, this is the same tree viewed from the opposite direction as in yesterdays image. This image was taken with the kit lens on my 20D at 18mm focal length with an exposure of 1/50 seconds at f/8, ISO 100. Posted by Picasa

No comments: