Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Son in IR

Got some new toys today - a 50mm f/1.8 Canon lens (the so called "nifty fifty") and a Hoya R72 IR filter. This image shows my son trying to ignore his dad while I was playing around with the new filter. While I had a B+W 092 IR filter, I had bought it for my earlier point and shoot digital and it was a 52mm filter, but my kit lens and 70-300mm zoom both use 58mm filters so this new R72 filter has 58mm threads. I had been led to believe that the 092 filter was equivalent to the R72, but initial exposure comparisons indicate that the 092 has more red transmission and does not have as strong an IR affect with my Canon 20D. This image was taken with the kit lens at 18mm focal length with an exposure of 1 second at f/3.5, ISO 800.

No comments: