Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Monday, August 23, 2010

KSC Rocket Garden

Here's the the first of a few pix from our visit to the Kennedy Space Center last month. This group of rockets is next to the main visitors center at KSC and is very similar to what I remember it looking like when I saw it when I was much younger. From the left is a Mercury-Atlas, an Atlas Agena, a Mercury Redstone, a Thor, a Juno and a Jupiter dressed up like the rocket which launched the United States first satellite, Explorer I. On the far right is an F-1 Engine that powered the first stage of the Saturn V (with 5 of them) and the tail of a Saturn IB rocket (which I'll show better in a bit). This image was taken with the kit lens on my 20D with an exposure of 1/250 seconds at f/5.6, ISO 100.

No comments: