Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

An evening at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum - first up, the hummingbird enclosure

This image was taken with my 75-300 zoom at 140mm focal length with an exposure of 1/125 seconds at f/5.0, ISO 800. This looks like a female Blue-throated Hummingbird.

This appears to be a male Calliope Hummingbird.  This was shot at 300mm focal length with an exposure of 1/160 seconds at f/5.6, ISO 800.

This male Costa's Hummingbird was shot at 300mm focal length with an exposure of 1/160 seconds at f/5.6, ISO 800.
We spent Saturday evening at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum last night while my sweetie participated in an education event.  After playing chauffeur, I got to wander through one of my favorite displays of the wildlife and plant life in the Sonoran Desert in the Southwestern U.S.  First stop was the hummingbird enclosure where you get to watch these wonderful little birds at point blank range. Photography was a bit of a challenge as it was nearing sunset and there were lots of clouds around to make it comparatively dark.  I set my exposure to manual and upped the ISO to 800. 

No comments: