Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gem and Mineral Show


We went to the Gem and Mineral show on its last day a week ago.  There were many spectacular displays and way too many cool things that we could have bought, usually for way more than we could afford.  This first image is a UV lighted gem display showing their fluorescence.  This image was taken with my 24mm lens at 1/45 second at f/2.8, ISO 3200.


My sweetie couldn't resist buying some petrified wood.  This group had a very nice collection and they had three fewer pieces after she was done with them.  This image was taken with my 24mm lens at 1/250 seconds at f/4, ISO 800.


While she was tempted by polished gems (which I was calling "rocks") she found this display with some Onegite which is now on display in her classroom.  This image was taken with my 24mm lens and an exposure of 1/350 seconds at f/4, ISO 800.

No comments: