Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Telescope ready for action

 
This image is part of a time-lapse sequence. I set up the camera on the dome with my A/C adaptor plugged into a UPS (to ride through the occasional power dropouts and to protect it from power spikes as the A/C on the dome goes through slip rings). I aimed it towards the telescope and dome slit and set it off taking 30 second exposures while I observed with the telescope. Just before starting up, I used my flashlight to light the telescope during one of the 30 second exposures so that the darkening sky outside would also be visible. This image was taken with my 24mm lens on myh 20D. The exposure was 30 seconds at f/2, ISO 800. Most of the shots were too dark, so I'm going to have to figure out how to faintly light the telescope (but not so much as to interfer with our observing program!). Posted by Picasa

No comments: