Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Friday, August 26, 2005


I attended the Mets-Diamondbacks game last night (August 25) at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix. These are my 2 favorite teams and until the D'Backs came to be, I was a diehard Mets fan. I root for the Mets as long as they aren't playing the D'Backs. Anyway, unlike the two previous games, last nights game was a pitchers duel which the Mets won 3-1. This image shows D'Backs pinch hitter Quinton McCracken in the instant just before the ball (just to his left, at about elbow height) hit him. It was the 2nd hit batsman by a Mets pitcher in the game and the first by Aaron Heilman. We had great seats in the lower level, surrounded by Mets fans (most of them friendly folks, but there were a couple of drunks in the crowd as always....) which offered a great view of the game, especially with my 70-300mm zoom lens. In this image, it was set to 190mm on my 20D. ISO was 1600 and the exposure was 1/400s at f/5. Posted by Picasa

No comments: