Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Can you see Venus?

 
Venus is just visible in this image taken the evening of November 11, just after sunset. Silhouetted Saguaro and fading twilight and other desert plants abound. This was taken with the kit lens attached to my 20D set to 18mm focal length. The exposure was 1/5 second at f/8, ISO 400. BTW, Venus is at the center of the frame left to right and about 1/3 of the way from the top of the frame below the top of the tall Saguaro on the right. Be sure to click on the frame to see the higher resolution version in order to see Venus. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BettlerChor said...

In the middle of the pic ?? ;-)

Jim said...

Ah, indeed, near the middle, but not perfectly centered a little above the middle.... I didn't think my little photo expedition was very productive on November 11, but I've mined 3 or 4 images from it for my photoblog!