Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

70mm Hasselblad


This is an Apollo Hasselblad 500 EL camera like those used on Apollo 11. This is possibly an interior camera as it does not have the silver coatings that helped protect the camera and film from heating by sunlight. Magazine "N" is attached to the back of the camera and you can see flanges on the lens that allowed a gloved hand to adjust the focus and exposure settings of the camera. The shutter button is on the front of the base of the camera at right. The surface cameras also had a mounting bracket that allowed it to be attached to the chest mounted RCU and they also had a pistol grip attached to the bottom to allow the camera to be handheld. The pistol grip also had a shutter trigger. This image was taken with my 24mm lens with an exposure of 1/20 seconds at f/1.8, ISO 800.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tuguldur said...

hey thanks for the pictures, I can see it's the very 'compactness'. Waiting for your suit pictures.

Perhaps I will go to DC sometime later. But I won't stay at only one exhibit for days! haha

BTW, check out my blog, I had shot the Perseids.