Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Toroweap downstream

This is the view downstream from Toroweap Overlook. The canyon walls are about 3,000 feet straight down to the talus above the Colorado river visible below - and there are no handrails like you find at the most popular Grand Canyon viewpoints. Toroweap is on the north rim with this view to the west-southwest, more or less. You can see a cinder cone partly eroded into Prospect Canyon on the south rim of the Canyon near the top center. This image was taken with my old Fuji Finepix 2650 at the end of May, 2003.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, my name is Alex and I am a student in Room 1 at Korokoro school in
Year 7
I enjoyed reading this post because I like the pictures. They are amazing


My class blog is at www.roomonekorokoroschool.blogspot.com
And our podcasts are at http://roomonekorokoroschool.podomatic.com
We would love your comments!