Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Friday, April 25, 2008

New ride in 3D

Get your anaglyph glasses out to view this 3D image of my new Fuji Sagres bike (well, it's new to me - it was built in 1986). This was taken with my new stereo camera rig of 2 matched Canon A570is cameras running the SDM (StereoDataMaker) version of CHDK (Canon Hack Developement Kit). The cameras are mounted on an aluminum base with holes drilled at fixed intervals - I used 130mm separation for this shot. They are triggered with a homebuilt USB switch hooked to both cameras that the SDM software running in the cameras recognizes to initiate simultaneous exposures in both cameras. I'm putting together a stereo webpage that runs java software created by StereoPhotoMaker - a freeware program that I highly recommend that will allow you to interact with the stereo image as you like rather than as I would otherwise force you to. If you prefer to parallel or cross-eye free view rather than use anaglyph glasses, you can control the interface there to do that.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: