Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

T-Storm threatening Tucson


On the way home last night just before sunset, I saw a potential thunderstorm coming in to Tucson from the southeast so I took a detour up to A Mountain (aka Sentinal Peak).  It's got such a pretty view of Tucson.  This image was taken with my Canon 70D and my new 18-250mm Sigma lens at 18mm focal length.  The exposure was 1/60 seconds at f/5, ISO 400 and it was the central image in a set of 5 shots that I turned into a panorama seen below.


This panorama was stitched together with Hugin Panorama Creator using essentially the default batch settings.


This image was taken later as a time exposure with an ND2 filter.  The exposure was 30 seconds at f/16, ISO 100 with my lens at 18mm focal length.  This image is looking southeast, not far from the direction of the first image above.  I wasn't thinking or I would have made another panorama, but I didn't take the other 4 images....

No comments: