Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Desert HDR experiments

During my hike in the desert along the Encinas trail, I took some images bracketing the nominal exposure.  The following set were done along with a set of shots through an IR filter (see my earlier blog post: IR in the Desert)  I took 5 images centered on the nominal exposure with 1 stop steps for each exposure.  The first image was the nominal exposure which I thought was a little over-exposed.
The first image was exposed with my 50mm f/1.8 lens at 1/90 seconds and f/8, ISO 400.  Exposure times for the other 4 images were 1/350, 1/180, 1/45 and 1/20 seconds.

This HDR image combine used an Ashikhmin operator in Luminance HDR on my Linux box with equation 2 and a levels adjust before saving the image.


This HDR image combine used a Reinhard '05 operator in Luminance HDR with a levels adjust before saving the image.

No comments: