Click on a photo to see a larger version of the image.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Spacewatch 1.8-m telescope portrait

The Spacewatch 1.8-m telescope sits for a portrait in the early evening twilight as I opened the telescope for observing tonight.  I was planning to set up for a timelapse. This image was taken with my 10mm fisheye on my 70D with an exposure of 30 seconds at f/2.8, ISO 6400.  The lighting was mostly by my waving an LED flashlight over the scene fairly quickly.

This image was taken shortly after the last one.  In this case, I flashed on the dome lights for less than a second to provide the lighting for the telescope.  This image was taken with my 10mm fisheye and an exposure of 20 seconds at f/5.6, ISO 6400.  I stopped the shot down to improve the depth of field and to help get a better exposure with the dome lights which overexposed an earlier attempt with similarly quick on/off of the lights.